We are a family Medical Practice with 11,000 patients in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. The practice was founded by Dr Underwood in 1947 in premises in Church Road, St Mark’s, Cheltenham. The practice developed in this location until it moved to the present site in St George’s Road in 1976.
Dr Underwood was joined by Dr Buckley in 1954. On Dr Underwood’s retirement, Dr Timlin joined the practice and stayed here until his retirement in 2010. The Surgery enlarged further in 1981 at which time Dr Kloer became a principal. She retired in 2002. Dr Murphy came as a fourth partner in 1991.When Dr Buckley retired in 1992, he was replaced by Dr Robin Hollands. After that Dr Mark Jackson, Dr Kate Philpot and Dr Mike Skene joined the partnership. In 2018 Dr Skene moved away and Dr Murphy retired from the partnership (but she still works part-time in the surgery), at which point Dr Alexis Wain and Dr Justin Forbes joined.
The Practice has been associated with St Paul’s and St Mary’s Teacher Training College, now the University of Gloucestershire, for some 40 years.
A car park is provided for patients who are visiting the surgery, with designated parking spaces for the use of disabled patients.
Please park only in the spaces provided and ensure you are not blocking the exit of a doctor who may be called out on an emergency. Please note that no responsibility can be accepted by the practice for damage caused to any vehicle in the car park.