Patient Participation Group
The members of Underwood Patient Participation Group are here to provide a means for patients to make suggestions about the practice and provide a two-way communication system between patients and the staff within the practice. We act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
What are they for
- PPG’s were developed to extend patient involvement with the NHS.
- They can provide practical support for the practice
- They can contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- They are a route for patients to advise the practice on what matters most to the patient and identify solutions to problems
What it is not for
- A forum for individual complaints
- A tool for implementation of the Governments or any individuals pre-determined agenda
What it entails
- The PPG is normally run by Patients
- A committee that meets regularly
- Works closely with the practice